JOB TITLE: Finance Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
The position requires a dynamic and results-oriented finance professional with experience in corporate finance and transaction services.
The Finance Manager is responsible for establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions and also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts payable, receivables, reconciliation of bank accounts, payroll and risk management.
- Leading the corporate finance team.
- Overseeing operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives and design a framework for these to be met.
- Establishing and maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures for the company.
- Managing strategic projects and developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Financial modeling, analysis and presentation of financial reports to senior management and the Board of Directors at formal meetings.
- Playing a key role in the budgeting, forecasting and planning process.
- Preparation and review of the monthly business performance report and rolling 12-month forecasts.
- Implementing the business strategy plan.
- Development and refinement of management accounting and reporting, including metrics/KPIs and enhanced business analysis.
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analysis in all areas of the Company.
- Overseeing annual tax processes
- Ensuring adherence with group policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The incumbent will possess the following characteristics;
- Strong analytical, modelling and commercial reporting skills
- Superb verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Sound judgment and decision making ability
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well in a high pressure environment
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing work situations and environments
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project and time management skills
Qualifications & Experience
The incumbent should possess:
ACCA/FCCA et al with five (5) years relevant work experience in Financial Management OR Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting plus eight (8) years experience in a management position in a highly dynamic environment.
The deadline for submission of applications is 31st March, 2021 and should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
Water and Sewerage Company Inc.
P.O. Box 1481
We thank you for your stated interest in the position. However, only suitable applicants will be shortlisted and contacted.