The Water and Sewerage Company Inc. WASCO wishes to inform the public of the imminent dry season and the effects on our water resources.
Our raw water supply from the traditional abstraction points within the river system as well as the John Compton Dam reservoir is annually affected by the depletion of water levels.
As a result of this approaching dry spell, WASCO is currently considering a number of options to ensure the availability of water for distribution to all customers. Considerations under review include the extension of a valving schedule which will be implemented in some communities.
WASCO also urges consumers to immediately implement the following measures:
• Repair all noticeable water leaks within the home and or premises
• Install or replace defective ball valves in your toilet tanks
• To conserve water, it is advisable to stop using a hose for the washing of vehicles and bicycles
• Use grey water for plants
• Shut taps while using soap on your body or shaving or brushing teeth
• Shut taps while washing/rinsing dishes or clothes
• Harvest rain water whenever possible for household use and watering plants
• Use water saving devices on the taps or hoses at home.
WASCO has noted and is mindful of the increased demand for water. Wasco seeks the full cooperation of the public as we strive to manage the supply of available water to serve every community.